“A mother continues to labor long after the baby is born.”
– Lisa Jo Baker
Hello and welcome to my blog!
How are you? How’s life treating you?
I’m back with another round-up on what’s been going on with me and Matthew this month. April started off really low for me and I kinda shut away from friends and family as that’s how I deal with things however as time went on things started to get better. I learned a lot about myself and those around me and realised just how much stepping out of my comfort zone and following these tips can help me get my groove back.
So as promised, here is a short, sweet and hopefully interesting round up of how my April has been
What’s been happening with me
- Managed to catch the flu (not great when you have a baby to look after)
- Postnatal depression got to me really badly (I hate that word)
- Sorted out my date for returning back to work (is it bad that I’m excited?)
- Found a mentor for the project I’m working on (another exciting milestone for me)
- I attend my first tech event for black folk called AfroTechFest (Amazing experience!)
- And finally I got my lashes done for the first time (check them out on Instagram)
What’s been happening with Matthew
- Turned 7 months (7 whole moths guys!)
- He managed to catch my flu (dealt with it like a champ though)
- Started walking along the edges of his bed from one end to the other (falls half way but it’s progress)
- I took him to the office to show him off to everyone (travelling in London with a baby ain’t easy)
- He’s been accepted to my first choice nursery ( I only registered for one)
- And finally we officially started the weaning phase (it’s messy and we’re both still adjusting!)
It’s been a busy and emotional month but it’s been a good one. I’m super excited for the next one though so stay tuned for May’s round up! *cough* It’s my birthday month *cough* *cough*
What were the highlights of April for you? Is there anything in this months round-up you’d like me to talk more about?
Let me know in the comments below or on my social @lydiaonlife.
Also, don’t forget to follow the blog too! And why not add yourself to the mailing list for updates whilst you’re at it?
I try (emphasis on the try) to post once a week so stay tuned!
Till next time!